Repair Cafe Central - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes and information

5 posters

Go down

Quotes and information Empty Quotes and information

Post by adjman Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am

These have been shared by the Repair Cafe Wales
InsurerFor multiple repair cafesOne repair caféNotesSourceConditions
ThomasCarroll (Markel)940394Includes employers liabilityRepair Café WalesN/A
AnsavarNot quoted496N/ARepair Café WalesN/A
LadbrookNot quoted300Case/AvivaRepair Café WalesN/A
KeeganNot quoted268N/ARepair Café WalesExcludes employers liability (in case the volunteers get hurt): Extra £150.
Nature save392280N/ARepair Café WalesExcludes most repairs!
Breeze underwritingNot quoted360N/ARepair Café BathMaestro Insurance Services Ltd
ZurichN/A99N/AChesterfield Repair CaféN/A
Mid Cornwall Insurance BrokersN/A140N/AFalmouth & Penryn Repair CaféN/A
Saua (via broker)252N/AUnlimited repair cafes run by us - kirk.razzell@mcbinsurance.co.ukRepair Café WalesUnlimited Repair Cafes
Recommendations

From Repair Café Wells (Somerset) - steve.garbutt@Markelintl.com
From Llanrindod Repair Café - https://www.zurich.co.uk/en/charity-insurance

Note
1. all require risk assessments, appropriate training
2. All quotes are for product, public and employer liability
3. Several repair cafes have insurance through a wider organisation (e.g. transition or community networks)
adjman
adjman

Back to top Go down

Quotes and information Empty Re: Quotes and information

Post by Bathrepaircafe Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:30 am

Hi all
Just to clarify that Bath Repair Cafe insurance qoute of £360 is for 30 Cafes in the year across Bath. But this is not as competitive as the quote for Wales. I was just about to sign up but will now look at theirs. Thanks for this.
Lorna

Bathrepaircafe

Back to top Go down

Post by repaircafebelfast Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi All,
just trying to arrange some cover for Repair Cafe Belfast. I've just had a reply from Repair Café Wells (Somerset) contact - steve.garbutt@Markelintl.com that they'll no longer be covering these kinds of events. :-(

We have approached Kirk Razzell. Welcome any other suggestions or contacts!
THanks,
Chris

repaircafebelfast

Back to top Go down

Post by repaircafebelfast Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:03 pm

@Lorna from Bath Repair Cafe - did you have a contact at Maestro Insurance Services Ltd?
Thanks so much!
Chris

repaircafebelfast

Back to top Go down

Post by repaircafebelfast Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:39 pm

We've also had the thumbs down from Zurich - 'We don't have the risk appetite for what's involved'!

repaircafebelfast

Back to top Go down

Post by andyc Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm interested to know exactly what you are all attempting to insure against? All these quotes seem ridiculously high to me. If it's public liability then I would have thought that most hireable venues should already be covered.

andyc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisBlood Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:05 pm

repaircafebelfast wrote:We've also had the thumbs down from Zurich - 'We don't have the risk appetite for what's involved'!
I spoke to Zurich this morning and they want me to be an entity ie have a committee & constitution. If I follow that route then they also want details of the volunteers ie qualifications and experience to carry out the repairs.

andyc wrote:I'm interested to know exactly what you are all attempting to insure against? All these quotes seem ridiculously high to me. If it's public liability then I would have thought that most hireable venues should already be covered.
The venue I have selected require long term hirers to provide their own Public Liability insurance.

I have a query in with a local broker and also with Export&General at the minute. I will post an update when I get more information but if anybody has any other recommendations I would be interested

ChrisBlood

Back to top Go down

Post by andyc Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 pm

That seems a bit daft, asking regular hirers all to have their own insurance when the hall must already be covered for the irregular one-offs. Surely it would be better if the venue owners had a blanket insurance and just passed on part of that cost to anyone wishing to hire the place. Hirers wouldn't have to worry about it, and the venue could use it as a selling point to attract more hires.

I thought all this backward thinking and fear of litigation was something the so-called 'big society' was supposed to get rid of, especially when volunteers doing the community a favour are concerned.

andyc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum