Repair Cafe Central - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thoiught you people wanted a forum?

+3
Brymac
SkipperGeoff
andyc
7 posters

Go down

I thoiught you people wanted a forum? Empty I thoiught you people wanted a forum?

Post by andyc Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I was told a few months ago that various Repair Cafe organizers wanted a forum? Someone was kind enough to build one and now none of you are using it!!! So we now have another empty dead-end on the internet with very little content!

Admin, I'd suggest you delete the forum as nobody seems to want to use it and it will just confuse new peoplew anting to set up a repair cafe. They'll come here for help and find nobody, which is not the way forward.

I'm really surprised and disappointed that it doesn't seem anyone can be bothered to post anything after that initial flurry.

I'll lock up when I leave shall I? Sad

andyc

Back to top Go down

I thoiught you people wanted a forum? Empty Re: I thoiught you people wanted a forum?

Post by SkipperGeoff Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:50 pm

I think it's a bit premature to think about closing it already. It takes time for word to get around: I only heard about it quite recently.
Also content drives interest, as content increases so the number of people finding answers will increase, which will increase usage and so on.

SkipperGeoff

Back to top Go down

I thoiught you people wanted a forum? Empty Re: I thoiught you people wanted a forum?

Post by Brymac Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm

If you have ever gone through the process of setting up a RC from scratch, as I am, you will realise that it takes up huge amounts of time and energy! 3 months in I now am grey, bald and look like a 67 year old grandfather of 5. Oh, hang on, perhaps I was like that before .......

I really appreciate that the forum is here, but with only so many hours in the day I need to focus on ensuring that it won't just be me and my trusty tool kit sitting in an empty hall when we open for the first time on 11 August!!

The only criticism I have of the forum is that there are far too many sub sections at the moment and there are some very iffy looking pop-up links on the pages....

But please keep up the good work and don't give up!!

All the best,

Bryan

Coordinator, Chailey RC, East Sussex

Brymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathrepaircafe Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 am

KEEP IT GOING - I AM ABOUT TO POSE A QUESTION ….

Bathrepaircafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Repair Café Portsmouth Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:08 pm

I think this is a very useful resource for starters and existing forums as things change over time. The newsletter arrived in my inbox which was good this week, as it reminded me to find some time to look at the posts that looked interesting.

Thanks for setting it up, and all those contributing.
Clare

Repair Café Portsmouth

Back to top Go down

Post by adjman Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm

andyc wrote:I was told a few months ago that various Repair Cafe organizers wanted a forum? Someone was kind enough to build one and now none of you are using it!!! So we now have another empty dead-end on the internet with very little content!

Admin, I'd suggest you delete the forum as nobody seems to want to use it and it will just confuse new peoplew anting to set up a repair cafe. They'll come here for help and find nobody, which is not the way forward.

I'm really surprised and disappointed that it doesn't seem anyone can be bothered to post anything after that initial flurry.

I'll lock up when I leave shall I? Sad

Give it time Andy, give it time Wink I have a meeting 6th July with a whole group of repair cafe folks who are going to help add lots of content and then things will really get going. Forums take a while sometimes, a little patience and it'll be a useful resource.
adjman
adjman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Holden Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Hello. I'm from the Exmouth Repair Cafe. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to create this. It is not the case that I couldn't "be bothered" to post. One joy of being retired, as well as having time to set up a Repair Cafe, is that you can go on holiday for 2 months! (Something for you to look forward to, perhaps!) Now back to reality! We are going to a meeting tonight organised by the Re Use Project Officer from Waste Management at Devon County Council where people who are interested in running a Repair Cafe can chat and ask questions of those who have been through the process and to learn from each other. I'll pass on details of this forum. Many thanks.

Jean Holden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum