Repair Cafe Central - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dysons and Stickers

2 posters

Go down

Dysons and Stickers Empty Dysons and Stickers

Post by Bathrepaircafe Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 am

Hello everyone
We have a celebration and Review meeting the other night following our first year as Bath Repair Cafes. It was great to have everyone in the same room discussing how we could do things better.

One area was around Dysons - we get loads! Often its because people haven't cleaned the filters (I'm not a repairer!) etc but getting into and moving around dysons is hard. SO could we share any top tips dealing with with these expensive beasts?

Someone suggested having a sticker that our customers could put on their items saying - 'I have been repaired at Bath Repair Cafe' or I was reborn at Bath Repair Café or words to that effect. Dees any have such a thing? Before we design something that already exists as we all liked this idea!

Still considering a Repair Café Conference where we can share our ideas and examples of good practice.

Thanks a lot for setting this up - it would be great to have notification of new chats as I don't always remember to check it??

Have repairing everyone
Lorna
Bath Repair Cafes

Bathrepaircafe

Back to top Go down

Dysons and Stickers Empty Re: Dysons and Stickers

Post by andyc Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Bathrepaircafe wrote:Hello everyone
We have a celebration and Review meeting the other night following our first year as Bath Repair Cafes.  It was great to have everyone in the  same room discussing how we could do things better.

One area was around Dysons - we get loads!  Often its because people haven't cleaned the filters (I'm not a repairer!) etc but getting into and moving around dysons is hard.  SO could we share any top tips dealing with with these expensive beasts?

Someone suggested having a sticker that our customers could put on their items saying - 'I have been repaired at Bath Repair Cafe' or I was reborn at Bath Repair Café or words to that effect.  Dees any have such a thing?  Before we design something that already exists as we all liked this idea!

Still considering a Repair Café Conference where we can share our ideas and examples of good practice.

Thanks a lot for setting this up - it would be great to have notification of new chats as I don't always remember to check it??

Have repairing everyone
Lorna
Bath Repair Cafes

I've heard people talk about putting stickers or possibly luggage label type tags onto things before. Someone said they thought it would leave the fixers liable should the item ever be found to have caused an accident in the future, but I think that's very unlikely. Any negative publicity would be far outweighed by the positive and these tags would help people to remember about the events and maybe bring something else next time. Just remember they need to be waterproof if you want them to last.

andyc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathrepaircafe Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

Good thinking re waterproof!
Thanks
Lorna

Bathrepaircafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content